Downtown Edmonton

I really enjoy the atmosphere downtown since it reminds me of home. From what little I know of downtown Edmonton, it's a very laid back core. Regardless, I live in the very corner of the city so trips to the middle of the city are few and far between. We're not very familiar with the city sights but when we have out of town guests, the one place we do bring them to is this little city park. We enjoy the trail down to the river, mind you it looks like fitness central on a Friday afternoon.

The trail zig-zags down because of the incline, but there is always the off beat short cut down.
I have this thing about taking trees and pathways. I like to think I'm a deep person. This picture symbolizes the choices in the paths we take, the tree signifies life. One path is higher and easier than the other, we have to chose which one will take you home safely. Um, not really, I just take a lot of path and tree pictures, I have to figure out ways to justify them, right? But that totally made sense.
Before leaving the park, the boys waited for the train to cross the river, because that's what boys do. But I must admit, I think it's a pretty train.

And finally while driving back home, I took this last picture from inside the van.

Downtown, I really am sorry I don't know you better, but our odds are stacked against us. I hope this summer my baby and I will become close friends with the transit system and maybe then I'll visit you because I'm scared of your parking. I've already cried once before because of it, but I totally understand that it's my fault and I should just learn already how to get out of a parking lot without freaking out. You've done nothing wrong, it's all me.

2 comments:

Umm Haniah said...

hehe, at least you're driving there, I still haven't driven in Regina yet. I have a full license and I've driven quite a lot in the GTA, but I'm too scared to drive here. I know it's little old Regina where people drive on 30km/h and hardly anyone parks properly...but that's the scary part of it! They don't have a good road system here and it scares me!

Anyways, enough about that. The park looks nice. And don't worry I hardly know my downtown as well...I've been 2 times I think.

Khansa said...

Edmonton is exactly like that too! Some people are so nice, they stop kilometers of traffic to let one person in. Some left turns only one car will go through each light, I could go on and on. But it's good for me, I feel like everybody is on my level. Except for parking.

Post a Comment