Plant Update

Keeping with tradition, the plants I had first photographed are now doing quite poorly. The clan and I had gone out into the mountains for two nights and we came home to this.

My mint plant had dried out and so we decided to harvest it and dry the leaves to use later. Um, but the drying had mostly already occurred, so um, less work for me?

The coriander decided to pale on me and is actually growing flowers, I should read up on what exactly that means.

And now for a never before seen plant that is unfortunately also sporting wilted leaves.Can you imagine that those are the beginnings of a tomato! Please excuse my dirty windows. I should figure out how to blur the background because that darned building is looming over my dear plant.

Oh and on a tangent, I'm totally the green one.

Source: http://www.amuniversal.com/ups/features/wtduck/?sample=3&type=sunday

3 comments:

Desisoccermom said...

Hi Khansa,
Nice blog. Made me smile about your plants. I don't have a green thumb even though I like to grow stuff from time to time. It is easier for me if the plant is in the ground. That way the sprinklers and the rain takes care of watering it.
As for your corriander, if you don't pick it at the right time it will sprout flowers which eventually turn into seeds and sprout more cilantro. Nature is amazing, hun?

Khansa said...

Hi back at ya Jaya,
I'm scratching my head at how you found me, but girl, you've answered the mystery of the flowering coriander so, welcome to my humble blog! I don't know what the chances you'll see this are though. :)

Desisoccermom said...

Hi Khansa,

Thanks for visiting my blog. I found yours by clicking on the "next blog" button. I try to find a couple of blogs, that catch my eye, every week and leave me my comment. I am new at blogging and I find this a great way to support and encourage bloggers (works both ways).
And no, I don't think I am a great cook. I pretend to be one :).

Post a Comment