Quick Craft - Ribbon Blanket


Baby, like babies are wont to do, loves the tags on her blankets and toys. She is quite content to feast on them for minutes on end. She'll even taste thin strips of Velcro, make a grossed out face, hold it a few inches away from her face as if surveying it, and put it right back in her mouth.

So remembering a ribbon tab blanket from a blog lurk on, I went to work on making a small two sided one for baby to suck to her hearts content. Two days later and only maybe an hour and a half of work later, I've finished it.

Above you can see the two corner ribbons that melted from the heat of my iron. I wanted neat edges, but didn't think of the poor ribbon. Now it's all mangled, but if I didn't tell you, please tell me you wouldn't have even noticed.

Everything I had on hand since I buy pretty ribbon and material when it's on sale. I think this is the first time I actually used my bargain buys though. I'm so proud of myself.

The mess of ribbon and cloth is still on the desk, but I'm going to clean it up, right after I post this! Oh, never mind, baby's up, clean up will have to wait.

1 comments:

Desisoccermom said...

hi khansa,

that's a neat blanket. I wish I was crafty like you. :( but i don't have the patience or discipline. In school, we had to knit a pair of booties for our home science class. My friend ended up doing the other bootie for me. :)

Post a Comment