Summer is Oficially Here

Don't April showers bring May flowers? Here it's more complicated; winter is like this stubborn teenager who just doesn't want to leave and when she just absolutely has to she decides to break a few glass vases on the way out. Basically in May, winter decided to trash my poor plants I left outside. But we're not thwarted by you stubborn winter you. In fact to celebrate your departure we went out and bought some beautiful planter fillers to replace the dried out ones in our current planter. Here I offer you a some before and after shots.

Here's before.

And here's after. Getting soil under your fingernails is quite satisfying, specially when you don't know a thing about growing things but you can look at this in the end.
And for my poor tomato plant who got a beat down by my lady winter, we shall not show her bruises but her beauty.That was a week ago, now she's turning red. Wow, I mean it's turning red. Ahem. I do love my tomato plant though, it's like a darling friend who I've known has gone through so much hardship but still lives life with a smile.

So with the natural progression of things, yesterday we felt the heat of summer. So much so that I think we both lost our minds a little bit. Gosh it was hot yesterday. The story is, it was so hot, we jumped into our car and drove right to Best Buy to get a portable air conditioner.

Side note: Have you seen these portable air conditioners? Portable makes it sound like you could tuck it under your arm and carry it around for the day but my goodness, they're twice the size of a window mounted air conditioner.

Anywho, so we went straight out to Best Buy, got there at 8:50 and left at 8:57 with a portable air conditioner that blocked the whole rear view. I say this because I get queasy when things block the rear view. We get home take it right out of it's packaging. Now it's getting late so it got a little cooler and the heat that was clouding our judgment dissipated. So we turned on our fan for the first time in the day. That's the punch line. Am I an awful story teller? We turned on our fan for the first time in the day! Anyway we packed the A.C up again and Best Buy will just have to take it back again. Cause our fan quite nicely cools us down. I just have to remember to turn it on.

And because that's the most I've ever written out without giving any visual aids, I think I deserve an award. I actually thought I'd post a picture of the A.C. box, but it's kind of boring, and there's no green in it anyway. I like green and if it doesn't have green in it, it better make up for it somehow. The A.C. box didn't get the memo but the tree outside my window did.

1 comments:

Desisoccermom said...

Khansa,

I too prefer the fan to the AC. It just feels more natural.
I think your plants are looking really good. Like your tomatoes the green thumb is growing. Just be patient. :)

Post a Comment