Pocahontas Cabins

When we headed to the mountains it was too cold to camp out so we booked a cabin. That also gives you a time-line of how long it took me to produce this simple post and so an opportunity to laugh at my procrastination. Go ahead, I'll wait till your done having your chuckle at my expense.

Done?

Okay, let the ultra short post begin!
This little scene was at the front of the cabins we were staying at; I think it was supposed to be a working solar powered model. But it didn't feel very up to working the moment I took this picture. Or shortly before or after that come to think of it.
The mini-golf range that was host to an extreme game between my sister in law and I. Guess who won? I laugh and take it as one of the few success I can brag about in life.

Later, a deer was found grazing right in the middle of the green. I think the range saw more action then compared to when we were playing. (Forgive me and my poor understanding of golf and its terms. Thank you.)
While staying at the cabins I kept planning to take a picture of the ceilings. They were made of logs. They sloped. They were beautiful. I also ask you to forgive me for my poor knowledge of ceilings. But gosh, it was nice to look at right before you went to bed. The kind of cottagey goodness you've read about that reminds you of the good old days before stucco. Above, in the picture of our neighbouring suite's front door, you can see a bit of ceiling, well that's how it looked. Beautiful innit?

0 comments:

Post a Comment